By Lowell Bradford
For most people, their pets aren’t just an animal but an important part of their family. We love them, care about them and want to protect them from harm.
But work pressure and personal commitments keep us from devoting all our time to our furry friends. Unfortunately, pets can be harmed be harmed in a number of ways in our absence. Thanks to technology, now you can keep an eye on your dog and keep him safe.
Video surveillance is a smart, comprehensive and reliable way to watch out for your dog.
Pets, much like us, are capable of feeling negative emotion, pain and hurt. Therefore any accident or event that harms the pet can leave a lasting impression on the animal. Sometimes insignificant activities contribute to the declining health of your dog and you never even know the cause of it.
By installing a video surveillance camera, you can keep an eye on your dog 24/7. You can now check up on him when he’s sick, injured or left all alone. With safety cams, you can also observe your yard, garden, kennel enclosure or other areas around the house.
Advantages of pet cams
Getting a pet camera not only keeps your dog safe but also protects your home from criminal attacks and sudden threats. The surveillance video cameras are installed in the corners of the house, hidden from the eye.
- Monitor your dog: With a pet video surveillance system, users are able to keep an eye out for their dogs 24/7. From checking up on the cranky pet to looking after your sick dog, you can do it all with the latest surveillance cams that send you alerts every time something happens. If you live in an unsafe neighbourhood, it is mandatory that you get a video cam system installed ASAP. The camera system not only tracks your dog’s movements but also records the everyday activities happening in the household.
- Secure your household: Although pet surveillance systems focus on the animals, the cameras also record what’s happening nearby. The monitoring cams are a smart way to track the activities of your animal caretakers, or any other hired help. Surveillance systems not only help keep your pet secure, you can also rest assured your belongings are also safe.
- A glimpse into the secret lives of pets: Home security cams and surveillance systems also often capture some precious moments that you otherwise would miss. Your dog or cat can be a whole lot crazier and funnier when left on their own. In fact, most of the funny videos you find online are the footage captured by home video surveillance.
- Tips for using pet cams: There are a lot of surveillance camera types available. These cameras offer a variety of advanced functions and features. In the end, though, all of them serve the same purpose — protect and monitor your dog.
Find the right system
Tips for choosing the right camera system:
- Consider the physical shape/size of the pet
- Consider his daily activities and movement
- Choose a camera you can mount on the wall
- Choose a camera that offers customisation and flexible lens positioning to control the pan, tilt and zooming features of the shot via remote control.
Although the installation and maintenance costs are a bit higher when compared to simply hiring a help or a pet caretaker, video monitoring is more dependable and accurate. You can use smart motion detection sensors that will automatically trigger if something goes wrong. You can even set up your system to notify you by live steaming footage on your smart phone.
Video monitoring is definitely a convenient and reliable solution to ensure the safety of your pet. With a camera monitoring system in place, every movement of your dog is under your watchful eye.
Lowell Bradford is a former police officer and now senior editor at Surveillance-video.com. He covers tech, security and lifestyle. You can get in touch with Lowell via LinkedIn.