The world is a tough place already, especially for the little four-legged animals we call man’s best friend. Every year, pups and dogs are euthanized because of lack of space, resources, or because it might seem like the more humane thing to do.
Animal shelters work at full capacity but can’t take on most of the stray or neglected dogs because they might not have sufficient funding. That’s why making small donations for dogs can make a tremendous difference for those who do not have a voice.
Why you should donate
If you’re an animal lover, you already know the struggles of common strays and how hard it is to find loving families for all the animals. You might think that making donations will take a lot out of you, but you can help more than you may realize. Here’s why you should donate to an animal shelter:
- Do a good deed: There is no doubt that donating to a shelter so strays can have medical attention, and a warm place to stay is a great deed. It will not only make the animals feel comfortable; it will give you a sense of gratitude.
- It’s not expensive: Contrary to popular belief, donations do not have to be l amounts to help. If you donate even 1 to 5 % of your savings a month, it’ll feed plenty of cute strays.
- A little goes a long way: Paying a little also goes a long way for many reasons. You can contribute by sharing your donation amongst your friends and social media to raise awareness. It also helps to keep an animal in the shelter until a suitable home is found.
- It makes a great holiday gift: If you ever need a last-minute gift idea and the person you’re gifting is also an animal lover, you can donate in their name or even adopt a little one!
How you can help animal shelters
If you cannot donate but still want to help, there are plenty of ways you can aid your local shelter to achieve their target funding.
- Volunteer at a shelter: Spending money is not the only way to help. You can volunteer your services at your local animal shelter by helping rescue dogs, finding homes for the animals, sharing information about the shelter around social media for more donations for dogs, and host events to raise funds and awareness.
- Host events: You can host events like dog wash, Dog Park, or dog marathon that will draw all the dog owners in the locality. You can make it an interactive session where both the pets and their owners are engaged and have fun while charging a small fee for participation.
- Crowd-funding: Crowd-funding is a very effective way to get donations. You can set up an online portal for the animal shelter and market them through social media and ads. This will attract people from all over the globe to help you help animals.
Making donations for animals is a noble and worthwhile cause, seeing how they have no way of choosing their destinies. Any small effort you put out to help an animal shelter ripples and causes a substantial change and impacts so many neglected animals. Spread joy amongst our furry friends and encourage your friends and family to do the same!