Taking care of our pets is a responsibility we do with pleasure. Unfortunately, we can’t prevent or treat some conditions on our own. While some health problems are easy to spot from the very beginning, others can be difficult to recognize.
Sight impairments are common in dogs. Different factors affect sight decrease in pets, though they can be treated if detected in time.
Scroll down to read more about these factors and possible support to reduce eye health impairment.
What causes impaired vision in dogs?
- Aging — One of the main factors of vision loss in dogs is aging. Some diseases at a certain age cause a decrease in vision with a high probability of blindness.
- SARDS — Suddenly acquired retinal degeneration is common in dogs of advanced age and middle-aged female dogs. This disorder causes sudden blindness.
- Cataracts — We can notice cataracts by a dim layer in the eye, preventing light from getting to the sight center, the retina. If detected early, your pet can undergo surgery and potentially improve.
- Diabetes — Diabetes is prevalent in dogs. It is caused by different factors; Wrong or poor nutrition, breeding, obesity. Dogs with diabetes are more likely to suffer from cataracts.
- PRA — Progressive Retinal Atrophy is a hereditary disorder. It isn’t easy to detect. PRA is painless and progresses very slowly, and your pet becomes accustomed to it step by step. PRA directly affects the retina and causes blindness. Generally, this disorder affects both eyes equally.
Sight issues lead to other health problems
Dogs communicate with us using eye contact, smell, and voice. Sight loss disrupts eye contact, and our little friends can only smell and hear us. Sight loss can be a consequence of other health disorders such as diabetes, arthrosis, or glaucoma.
Decreased sight can lead to serious problems: dogs can collide against walls or furniture. They can jump or fall off the sofa or have difficulty finding their food or water.
All these issues can cause anxiety and depression in dogs. It is essential in these situations to be consistent and not make changes to either your dog’s routine or your own. Do not make changes in the decoration of your house, especially do not move furniture. Doing so will be stressful for a dog with reduced vision and will force it to adapt to new adjustments.
Can C60 keep your dog’s vision sharp?
C60 is a soccer-ball-shaped molecule composed of 60 atoms. C60 has already been used in science like nanotechnology. Nowadays, its other properties are gaining importance. The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of C60 can help your pet be less vulnerable to inflammation. As they age, dogs become susceptible to viruses and microbes. Inflammation and cell damage can lead to coordination issues.
All these disorders can finally affect your pet’s vision, muscular system, and morale. Anti-aging properties of C60 oils can help to reduce the vision decrease caused by aging. C60 olive oil for dogs can enhance your pet’s body with energy and improve its immune system.
Add C60 to your dog’s routine
It is easy to incorporate C60 oils into your dog’s life. This natural support can be positive for your pet’s well-being in general.
C60’s antioxidant properties can help reduce inflammation processes which are principal causes of vision decrease in animals.
C60 is also effective for the skin and protects against UV rays. The market is full of C60 oils, so make sure you buy a high-quality product and avoid non-natural fake goods.
Use the right dose of C60
The dosage of C60 in pets depends on their weight. The web is full of dosage calculating pages that you can use. Before adding C60 into your pet’s life, however, start with a lower dose. Observe the dog’s reaction, behavior, and especially how it feels. If you notice appetite loss, lower the dosage.
C60 is safe and does not have intense toxicity effects on the body. Thus, you can use it to boost your dog’s energy and promote sharp vision.
Dogs are members of our families and need to be taken care of. Several common health issues lead to vision decline and sometimes blindness if not detected early and treated accordingly. Using C60 oils can support and improve your dog’s immune system and help with cell recovery.