Homeowners, especially parents, know about every day items can be household dangers. Whether it is a cleaning material or hidden asbestos leading to mesothelioma, they pose a real risk to our health and that of our children if not disposed of carefully or used correctly.
Few realize, however, that these toxins are just as harmful to dogs too — if not more so.
You might wonder why, but if we think about it, dogs operate at a much lower level than we do. Often with their noses firmly to the floor, they experience whatever is on the ground be it a carpet, garage floor or lawn. This means they are far more likely to inhale harmful substances than we are.
Pennsylvania-based cleaning experts PennJersey have created a comprehensive guide for dog owners on the dangers of household toxins.
It looks into the risks posed by garbage, antifreeze, cleaning products and other substances to our dogs. And it offers a range of tips for keeping these substances away from the most curious of canines.