Your mutt or feline, no matter how adorable they are, will commit all manner of unpleasant things to your carpets, furniture, and all other surfaces they can get to in your house. After all, seeing as accidents happen to the best of us, cats and dogs are no exception. From time to time, your four-legged companion will soil, pee, or puke on your priced, imported carpet. Apart from that, they might simply knock over your cup of coffee or wine, staining your sofa or floor covers with unpleasant hues.
However, you do not have to think about any drastic measures, case in point, getting rid of your carpet, acquiring sofa covers, or restricting the movement of your four-legged buddy. With the best pet stain remover for carpets, you can quickly eliminate any resistant smudges and stenches from your household items.
That said, finding the perfect pet urine remover can prove to be a tricky affair, especially since there are so many options to choose from. So, to help you, use this comprehensive buyer’s guide. It offers information on the different types of pet urine eliminators, tips for identifying the best product, usage advice, and much more.
What are the different types of pet urine removers?
Luckily, various categories of pet mess eliminators exist, making it easy for you to find a product that matches your preferences. As an interested buyer, you can pick your favorite from these pet mess remover classifications.
These are substances (shampoos or floor cleaners) with powerful enzymes that aid in cleaning smudges and getting rid of stenches. For you to remove any unpleasant spots, you have to apply the right amount of this remover to the areas. Then, clean as instructed on the guide.
A spray remover offers quite a straightforward and effortless way of doing away with pet messes. Removing any unpleasant spots entails spraying this remover on the smudge without the need for scrubbing.
These are powder substances that help when it comes to removing resistant smudges and stenches from different household items. If your animal has sensitive skin, it is advisable to acquire a remover with plant-based contents. You can also choose either a scented or unscented detergent.
These are fabrics with cleaning abilities that are used for wiping areas where a pet has made a mess. Often, they are safe to use on surfaces such as vinyl, marble, plastic, and hardwood. After use, it is advisable to dispose of them well to avoid causing a choking hazard for your pet.
How to pick the right kind of pet smudge/stench remover
An excellent remover of pet pee should fulfill several essential considerations. So, the next time you want to buy one, make sure to check the following:
- Cleaning capability: a good carpet cleaner should clean most rugs pretty well. However, since pet pee is usually tough to remove, always choose a remover that has the capability of cleaning stubborn stains.
- Stench removing capability: if your pet occasionally urinates in the house, the stench can be tough to eliminate even after cleaning. So, check that the product you pick is the best pet odor remover too.
- Toxicity: you don’t want anything that can be harmful to you, your pet, or carpet. So, check that the remover you purchase does not contain toxic chemicals.
- Speed: how fast do you want the product to work? Some removers can work in a couple of seconds. Others may take longer.
- Enzymes: the best dog pee cleaner is an enzymatic one. A pet pee remover that uses active enzymes is excellent for eliminating bad smells as well.
- Scent: don’t be deceived by strongly-scented products. More often, they don’t remove awful stench on carpets but rather masks them. The result is a worse smell than before. A mildly-scented or unscented remover is best.
- The sensitivity of your pet: if your pet has sensitive skin, ensure you buy a remover that is child-and pet-friendly. That is one that does not have harsh chemicals as ingredients.
- Effect on surfaces: the best pet odor eliminator and cleaner should be effective on stains and stench while also being gentle on your surfaces. You don’t want a mess remover that will end up bleaching your carpet, sofa, or rugs.
What is the best way to use a pet pee remover?
You’ve selected a great pet pee and stain remover. Now, how do you go about using it? The first step is to read the instructions that come with the product. Many brands have their unique usage methods.
The consensus among the manufacturers and users is spraying/spreading the pee remover generously on the stained areas and leaving to soak. You can leave it for some minutes to a few hours, depending on the product. Then, come back and vacuum the area, blot it dry, or clean as you usually do.
Remember, if you are not sure about the product you are using, you can always do a patch test on an old rug or cloth before spraying on your carpet. That way, you can know how strong or harsh the pee remover is before the actual application.
With this in-depth information in mind, it’s now easy to select the best pet odor eliminator for carpet that you can find. There is no shortage of really good cleaners. Also, they come with different prices to fit anyone’s budget. So, always compare a variety of products before you decide on one. Most importantly, choose a pet pee remover that is not just great at its job, but also safe for use around the household.