Dog people need other dog people the same as dogs need one another. Sure we could live without ever meeting with other dog owners, but would that be life or suffering? The answer is obvious. That’s why this article will give you tips about meeting other dog lovers (for relationships and friendships).
Do things together with your dog
The easiest way to meet other dog lovers is to do everything you can with your dog. Just remember how many times you’ve met somebody who loved your dog, so they’d stopped to cuddle it or ask some questions. That happens all the time. Even people who don’t own dogs can’t resist them. All of those situations are now wasted opportunities. You could ask for their contact and start a relationship (friendly or romantic).
But, don’t cry over spilled milk. Beyondthecharter shared some guidelines for creating love connections. We’ll list some more here.
- go to a park with your dog, but dress nicely — no, don’t overdress, try to look good while walking with your dog. You and your dog will attract a lot of looks and spark some conversations. Who knows where those conversations can take you? We do; they can take you to dates!
- take your dog to all kinds of adventures — hiking and rafting are just some adventurous activities you can do with your dog if you want to meet other dog lovers. Meeting another dog owner while hiking is a clear sign they’re into dogs and nature. Start the small talk, and you may find big love.
- take your dog on a walk in your town and act like a tourist — this is a fun thing to do on a lazy afternoon. We live in a hurry, so we forget to stop and smell the roses. Your town must have some interesting places you’ve never visited. Go there with your dog, and you’ll surely meet a lot of people. Most of them will be dog lovers. Some will even be single dog lovers.
Subscribe to a dating website for dog lovers
Since you’re a dog person, you probably like spending your time outside. That’s great. Your dog appreciates that too. As mentioned in the last paragraph, being outside with your dog gives you many possibilities to meet new people. Still, there is a better (easier) way to meet other animal lovers. And you don’t have to leave your home to do it.
Joining a dating website for dog lovers is the simplest way to meet other dog lovers because of many reasons (we picked only 4):
- there are no borders — you can meet local dog persons or people who live on the other end of the world.
- every member wants the same thing — after you decide if you are looking for casual or long-term relationships, choose a dating site accordingly. There are animal lovers sites for both kinds of relationships. And in both kinds, you can meet single people.
- you can learn a lot about users on their profiles — members on sites for pet lovers usually post photos with their pets. Experts proved that owners and dogs usually have similar personalities. You can learn a lot about other members from the dog breed they own.
- you can spend rainy afternoons searching for love — neither you nor your dog wants to be out while the weather is bad. Spend that time cuddling under the blanket and chatting with other animal lovers.
Join a local dog community
Spending time out with your dog and joining dating sites are amazing, but joining a local community for dogs is also good for meeting new people. Attending various events will force you to hang out with people who’ll be strangers at first, but they may end up being your friends. Even lovers. Not only you’ll meet new friends, but your dog will also have a great time with other furry pets. The benefits of joining a local dog community are endless for you and your dog. So if you aren’t a part of a local dog scene – join it now and join a dating site for dog lovers. You and your dog will go on a lot of dates in no time.
Connect with fellow dog lovers and improve your life
Dogs are our best friends, but we still need human friends. This article is full of advice on meeting other animal lovers, use them to make your life even better.